Friday, June 12, 2009

going dark

I won't have much to say for the next few days.  We are leaving for the second jaunt of our trip and headed to the ranch in East Texas.  Call me a pessimist, but I don't have much hope of this trip improving during this half.  Izzy is still reacting to whatever-the-hell she has (it's actually contact dermatitis that warranted a trip to the ER), and though she is better, I'd rather be putting in her a bubble as opposed to a mice-infested ranch.  But whatever.  In addition, I will be spending time with family that I haven't seen in over 7 years and that makes me nervous. But at least it's new family.  Different family.  Family that I will be able to take a break from at the end of the day.  (Have I mentioned that I am over family?)

But just for fun, let's make a tally of this vacation's events:

- Witness a relationship meltdown - check
- Trip to the ER - check
- Heat exhaustion at the zoo - check
- Waste 2 hours of my life watching Lost in Space - check
- Break a lamp and secretly glue it back together  - check
- Dislodge a crown by chewing on a gummy orange slice - check
- Go 10 days without watching TV - check
- Go 10 days without putting on makeup - check
- Teach Izzy to swim - check
- Run from not one, but TWO cockroaches - check
- Develop an addiction to Xanax - check
- Fall in love with my husband all over again - check
- Gain weight due to an excess of fast food - check check

My 30 Days of Write has been downright depressing so far.  I swear I'm not usually this much of a mess.  I mean, don't get me wrong.  I'm a mess.  But these last 9 days have been much messier than usual.  In real life I've kept quite a sense of humor about it (I think...), it just doesn't seem to make it to my blog.  One thing is certain, I have a whole new appreciation for my home.  And things are bound to be better once I make it back to Austin (provided my cat and plants are still alive.  Oh please let them still be alive!!)

3 comments:

  1. I love the inventory! Obviously, many of the things on that list are not fun, but all together is sounds like an adventure.

    Your blog is not depressing. You've shared about some of the challenges of this trip, but it's often wry and funny, and frequently insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. land of the lost, honey. lost in space was actually a good movie. land of the lost was a black hole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for saying my blog isn't depressing. I hate to be one of those people that bitch all the time. So sincere thanks for easing that fear and offering that I can be funny. I try, but this vacation has tried my abilities to find humor...

    ReplyDelete