Thursday, June 18, 2009

opting out

I'm going to opt out of the last couple of days of 30 Days of Write because I completely suck at poetry.  I think, I try, I suck.  And I just can't pretend otherwise.

So instead I'm going to paste the most awesome Missed Connection I've ever read.  I want to meet and know the guy that wrote this, but alas, I'm a mother and housewife and I think it's safe to say I'm the exact opposite of what he's looking for.  Still, props to him for putting it out there so eloquently...

The obviously intoxicated girl in class this morning - m4w - 23


Reply to: pers-yctca-1227167366@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-06-17, 10:32PM CDT


You stumbled into the classroom this morning, the sunlight in the doorway wreathing you like an angel that had been shooting tequila for eight hours. 

I could only watch breathless as you seductively managed to lurch into your seat without falling down (barely). Your eyes sparkled like diamonds as you visibly tried not to vomit, and your heavenly aroma wafted over, conjuring images of a brewery on fire in my mind. 

I was inspired by your rampant substance abuse, and I longed to be the one holding your hair back as your system rejected the poison you'd cheerfully imbibed. I wished I could have seen the shot glasses touch your luscious lips as you lost count of how many drinks you'd had at 5:30 AM. 

My only regret was that fate had cruelly separated me from the bad decisions you made the night before. Please email me so that I too can know the joy of your company, and the excitement of alcohol poisoning at 8:30 on a Wednesday morning. 

  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1227167366

1 comment:

  1. yes. these people are clearly meant to be. so clearly.

    ReplyDelete