Wednesday, August 5, 2009

the quest for perfect toilet paper

I'm a brand whore. It's something I'm trying to change, as I realize there is absolutely no difference in French's mustard and H.E.B.'s version. But some things I just cannot scrimp on, and toilet paper is one of them. The main reason is because I have allergies. And cheap toilet paper makes my nose hurt. Or it falls apart while I'm blowing. And that blows (ha!).

My mom has always bought the fancy toilet paper (Chrons Disease will make a woman do that). Triple rolls with aloe and fragrance and everything else you can put into a roll of toilet paper. But that crap is expensive, and I can't stand toilet paper that is too soft and leaves behind lint. At the same time, I can't stand toilet paper that is too rough either. Basically, I'm the Goldilocks of toilet paper. And finally, after many, many years I've found something that's *just right*.

Charmin Basic is my new favorite toilet paper. In fact, I think it's the closest thing to perfect that toilet paper can be. For starters, it's $5.99 for a twelve pack of BIG rolls. But not so big that they don't fit on the toilet paper roller. Second, it's a strong single-ply. I hate 2-ply because the paper often comes apart creating chaos (yes, chaos.) Next, it's soft without being linty. Last, it's scent free. Often times scented paper only makes me sneeze more in the midst of an allergy attack. Basically, Charmin Basic is basic. Simple. And perfect.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so into this post. Blake and I used to spend hours talking about cheap toilet paper vs. fancy toilet paper and how annoying they both were. So good on you for finding a solution. For real, Charmin Basic is going on my grocery list right now.

    ReplyDelete