Tuesday, August 25, 2009

when you wish upon a board

So as of last night, we are the proud new owners of a '07 Jeep Patriot. After a weekend of headaches, bartering, bitching and panicking, Chris finally brought her home for good. The deal we got was AMAZING. 48 month financing at 8 1/2% interest (we were shocked!) and we actually financed LESS than we did on the Ford Focus. A better quality car that we love for less money. The Jeep that I've always wanted. Who'd have fricken thought?

It's funny... at the beginning of the year I put together a vision board. I'd been hearing about them here and there (okay, why lie, I heard about them from Oprah) and I decided to create my own. On one side I put my health goals. Healthy eating, exercising, meditation and doing my best to retain an inner calm. The middle is, of course, my family. Things to remind me to be a better wife, mother, daughter and friend. I also put up worldly reminders. Recycle, donate, reuse, give to others when possible. The last images I put on the board were materialistic. A cute little house on a lot of land (with a garden) and an S.U.V. I remember when I taped the S.U.V. image to the board I laughed to myself. All of this other stuff was possible, but an S.U.V.? That would take a miracle. But whatever, "here's to hoping", I thought.

True that. Here's to hoping. Once again I am reminded that one should never underestimate the value of focus, determination and a (mostly) positive attitude. Once again I am reminded that it is usually darkest before the dawn. And once again I am reminded that everything happens for a reason. I'll spare you the rest of the cheesy cliches running through my head...

Now I that I am a firm believer of the vision board, I can change my focus. S.U.V. - check. Better wife and mother - check. Global insight - check. Size 8 ass and no double chin - starting tomorrow.

1 comment: