Saturday, August 22, 2009

apparently the bad luck can last longer

Our car (that we're still making payments on), needs a new compressor to the tune of $1100 (a third of the value of the car that we are still making payments on). This car was a blessing when we bought it, but I'm over it. Completely.

It's become obvious to me that it's time to make a sacrifice to the car gods above to break the Dawson/Bonner car curse that we've got going on. Until then, I'll just wrack my brain for some kind of solution to get us out of this situation (as we also need to replace our back-up car after Chris' most recent accident).

It's like I was telling my mom this afternoon, when the only hope you have is winning the lottery, you are in pretty bad shape. But whatever. We've been here before and made it through, and as my mom has told me since the ripe age of 5, this too shall build my character. Which means I'm going to have hella character by the time my life comes to an end...

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for the evils of cars. I don't know if this will help, but you can get up to $600 from the state for repairs if your car fails it's inspection, as long as the repairs are emissions related. I think the website is drivecleanacrosstexas.com. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete